Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blackened Fish


The first thing I need to start off with is telling you that I had a pretty bad fishing season last year...I only hit the waters once. Therefore, my freezer is not full of fish (but it is full of deer and pheasant - more on that later). So, what you see in the photo is store-bought Tilapia, and it was delicious!

My wife is not a fish eater at all, and she scarfed her fillet down as if she had not eaten in years. This recipe can be used on everything from bottom feeding catfish to wonderful walleye. The herbs on the fish will help mask the "fishy" taste; however, remember this is still fish your cooking!

I also have to admit I'm not a photographer. Therefore, my wife, will be taking most of my pictures. Some of the photos I use can also be found on Lauren's blog - As Good As Gluten.

Blackened Fish Recipe

Ingredients:
·4 fish fillets
·Olive oil
·2 TBS paprika
·2 tsp onion powder
·2 tsp garlic powder
·¼ tsp cayenne pepper
·A few fresh cracks of black pepper
·1 tsp oregano
·½ tsp coriander
·½ tsp thyme
 
Directions:
Pat fish dry. Combine all spices in a small bowl and rub fillets with spice mixture. Drizzle olive oil in a medium-sized pan and then pan-fry fish about 4 minutes on each side.

This recipe is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays

4 comments:

As Good As Gluten said...

This is definitely the only fish recipe I'll eat! For now...

Anonymous said...

MMMMM,...what a tasty & appetizing blackened fish!
With what would you served this ? I seee carrotas already but whith what else? A big green salad & home made dressing?

Good luck & have fun blogging! I can't wait to see what you will come up with!

I would love to eat whatever you shot etc. !!!

let there be cake said...

YUM, looks as good as mine, we like it with spinach salad and fresh strawberries, blue cheese and vinegarette!

Great Outdoor Eats said...

Sophie - We did serve this with a salad, but you could serve it with rice, cole slaw, or any type of potato. Thanks for checking out my blog.