Monday, March 21, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Fish


I decided to bake my fish for this past Friday.  The recipe is pretty simple, and it would have been better, but the quality of fish used was poor. I still suggest trying this recipe because the coating was very good. Just be certain that you have a good quality fillet.  As I have stated before, I did not have a good fishing season last year so this is store-bought tilapia.  Hopefully the water thaws out in the near future so I can have some freshly caught crappie to snarf down later. I served with Lauren's Garlic Cheese Biscuits and green beans.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup corn meal or bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBS Old Bay Seasoning
2 white fish fillets (crappie, perch, walleye, catfish, etc.)
Olive Oil

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Slightly grease a shallow baking dish with olive oil or butter and set aside. While the oven is heating up, combine the milk and egg together in a shallow dish. In a separate dish, combine the corn meal or bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese and old bay seasoning.  Then dip the fillet into the milk/egg combination, and then place the fillet into the corn meal or bread crumb mixture.  Be sure to coat the fillets well.  Place the coated fillets in the baking dish and then bake for 15-20 minutes.  Serve the fillets right out of the oven with your favorite veggies and rice or potato.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMM,...What's NOt to LOVE here??

I love crusted fish for dinner. This Parmesan must add a lovely flavour to the fish!

Jamie said...

Looks very tasty!! :)

let there be cake said...

I'll eat this anytime